Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Really?

Okay, I was walking through a local grocery store and was meandering down the aisles. It is the type of store where I have found many unexpected items. My last favorite was the Abuelita Hot Cocoa. I bought it for my sister who just had a new grandbaby. Since this child was a millionth Mexican, I was calling my sister Patti "Abuelita", which is grandmother in Spanish. I know this from reading the highly esteemed http://www.dlisted.com/. The best part was that the grandmother on the front of the box looked more Polish than Mexican. We are also Polish, so I think the box was meant for me.

Yesterday, I went to this same store because they carry the european butter, Plugra, that I use in all of my baking. I also needed to shop the cookie/cracker aisle for a combination to use in a cheesecake crust. I always mix it up so it actually has some flavor and doesn't taste like a robotcouped cardboard box. I saw these cookies and passed them up for one, two, almost three steps before I realized their value. Morning sticks? Really? And they are in a new shape, shall we say? Who eats graham crackers for breakfast anyway? Well, I bought them so I could do a half and half mixture between them and some ginger cookies. I actually hid this box from my teenage daughter because I know her and this subtle humor would not be lost on her. I didn't show them to my husband because the endless "I'll give you a morning stick" would get old for me in half a second, however he would continue to enjoy it for far longer. Oh, and I love that they are honey flavor. Maybe I should call the dessert "The Honey Morning Stick Cheesecake".


No comments: